JYLIAN REESE
Today Jylian is 9 months. I don't know where the time went. We have done so much in the last nine months. 9 months ago today Scooter and I made our little trip to the CU hospital in Aurora, Colorado. After my scheduled c-section we had a very little, beautiful baby girl. All was well until she lost all that weight. Then we had to force feed her for weeks until she started gaining again. I am so glad those days are gone. We headed to Layton Utah to send Daddy back to Korea. A few weeks after that we were packing up and off to Alabambi! We spent 5 weeks in a one room TLF. What great family bonding! On our way to Arizona we spent a week in SA, TX to say goodbye to family. We enjoyed our 6 weeks in Phoenix and then set off to visit the Roe family in California. From San Fran we jumped on a plane, flew over the water and then we were in Germany! Now we have been here for almost 5 months. What a busy 9 months, but at least we are busy as a family. Well, now she is all over the place and into everything. She bugs her sister and her dog. She is a very good little sister! Last night she had her first real meal. She had pot roast with the rest of us. She had potaotes and carrots and a huge serving of BEEF. I think she may have out eaten Ryleigh. Wow, if it is "big kid" food she can't get enough. She may be a good eaten after all!
She knows what she wants. We have a small window of time to meet her expectations, if we fail she lets us know. She is most happy when Ryleigh is in the room. When Ryleigh is at school it is a sad time for Jylian. The best part of the day is picking Ry up from school. Jylian almost jumps out of my arms to grab her sister. I love seeing how sweet they are to eachother. I hope it lasts, but I won't hold my breath. Jyli talks all the time, just like her sister. We don't like quiet around here! Fun times ahead!
RYLEIGH ALEXIS
Ryleigh is getting bigger by the minute. She usually announces this after every meal. She is getting bigger and older so she can get married. Her wedding day is just around the corner. She is getting married at her cousin Jess' wedding in October. It is a little upsetting that Jess is not going to marry Ryleigh, I guess Jess would rather be married to Reed. I hope Ryleigh is OK with that on October 11th!
Ryleigh started German Kindergarten this month and will go everyday in September. She loves going to school and thinks she can go by herself. Everyday she tries to learn German. She can count to five in German now. I don't think it will take long. She is the only American in the school. We'll see how it goes the next few months. She will also start dance in September. She is so excited.
Well Ryleigh has proven time and time again that love has no language. Ryleigh seems to really like these German boys. It doesn't matter where we are, she is always flirting with the boys. We went to the Klausen soccer game this weekend. Ryleigh joined the kids and ran off to play in the forrest. Her friend Elise was the head of the gang. Ryleigh followed her all over, until she met Heinrick. When it was time to go, Elise told us that Ryleigh was with her "boyfriend." That didn't take long. He doesn't speak English and she doesn't speak German. It doesn't matter. I am so thankful she is only 3, I don't think I will be able to handle her when she is 16. I will let her have fun now!
I envy Ryleigh right now. She has a forrest as her playground. So much space to play and discover. The children in our village have been awesome. They include her even though they don't understand her. She sounds different, dresses different, and has parents who are different, but they still include her. What a life! What an experience!
Last night Scooter, Ryleigh and Cyclone took off to the forrest to collect wild blackberries. Scooter said Ry was great at picking out the good ones. Tonight we will have ice cream with blackberries. They are so good, they don't even need sugar!
Well that is enough for now.
1 comment:
We love hearing about the girls, watch out Ry Owen will be looking for a girlfriend sooner or later!
Post a Comment